Thursday, February 7, 2013

Catch up!

It's been forever...

Christmas was good, New Years was good, etc, etc.

So! Now!  I'm in school, Michael is working and in school, and we're both so exhausted.  Looking back on when Tripp was born is like looking back on a vacation.  Those nights weren't bad at all and it was honestly one of the most peaceful times in my life.  I want to go back to Alaska!!!!  I miss my midwives, the scenery, oh and did I mention my midwives!  I feel so blessed to have such a great connection with the women that helped bring Tripp into this world.  I'll say it again... I miss Juneau.  Rant over.

Moving on to Tripp!  What an awesome little baby...  He is so darn cute and just loves life.  His teeth have been bothering him lately (at least I think it's his teeth, who really knows until they come, right?!) and he's been in kind of a funk but he still continues to smile and giggle and sequel.  It's so hard to NOT feel guilty for doing school work instead of playing, when your playmate is just so darn adorable!  He's decided he hates everything to do with his tummy.  I'll lay him on the floor and he immediately flips over.  He needs a toy out of his reach?  Oh, he'll flip to his tummy to grab it BUT as soon as it's in his fingers he flips right back over.  And did I mention the kid is so fat that when he flips over it kinda shakes the floor?!  There's just so much to love  :)

Michael has been doing awesome with school.  He's got some pretty hard classes right now but he still makes time to work and spend time with us.  We've made it a priority to spend time as a family.  Sometimes work and school have to be set aside for a few hours and that's okay!  Money will find its way to us, school work will get done and life will move on as long as we do it together.

"In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-etime."
                             -DIETER F. UCHTDORF

I'm so grateful that Michael can be with us.  I know a lot of women who's husbands are in the military and my hat is off to them...

That being said, we're so excited for this summer!!  I've been researching sun lotions for Tripp and resisting the urge to by him a bathing suite now (he's growing so fast I'm not sure what size he'll be!).  I've made it a goal to get WAY ahead in my school work this weekend (and we can see how well that's working as I'm sitting here blogging instead of actually doing it) so that I can start exercising.  My excuse is that I don't have enough time but that's just silly.  I can find an hour, 3 days a week to exercise.

I've been in this 'lets get realistic' mood lately.  And here is what I've decided.
1. I'm only getting older... and so is my body! Time to treat it good!
2. I may be getting older but I'm a really slow cooker... Ramon Noodles can be healthy, right?!
       ***side note- if anyone has some FAST recipes that are GOOD and healthy, throw them my way!***
3. School really sucks but I HAVE to finish
4. I complain a lot and need to change my attitude
and lastly...
5.  My house will always be a mess.  I just need to get over it.

So this is where we are in the Allen house.  Life is good. Crazy. Messy. Tired. Blessed. Fun. and on and on and on....

Photo Dump!
Just relaxing with Daddy...

Must Eat EVERYTHING!!!




Thanks Mimi for the jumper!!!

It's a really winner :)
And the packaging paper isn't so bad either!!!
Sleep fort  :)
Told you it would always be a mess...
Did someone say ice chips?!




So cute :)

Even cuter... 

Why must you love me so much?!!?!



I'll help you umpack, Mommy!

Yea, Alabama!!!

Literally eats...

EVERYTHING!

Don't worry, I got this!

Passed out in his snow suite.

The night of projectile vomit...

Even he can't escape his mouth.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment